• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3rd Party FW WRT54GS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

lately ive had some lag on my computer. out of nowhere. its really affecting me in Guild Wars (for those who play, im getting delays when i hit skills.)

ive done no major changes to my computer, aside from updating video drivers and installing a new cpu...Opteron 170.

i tried using the Marvell NIC instead of the nVidia one on my board, no change.

no, i dont have any spyware...as i dont download strange stuff from strange places. everything i get is ''official'' or legit.

was thinking i could update the firmware in my router to something beyond what Linksys offers. ive heard there are a lot of good 3rd party firmware for this model.

can anyone help? thanks.

well, i would first isolate the router. have you plugged directly into the modem to try it? if its fine then, it is the modem. i have seen good things said about sveasoft's talisan firmware. http://www.sveasoft.com/forum6.html

im not sure if theres anywhere on their site to download the firmware without the supprt for free, you might have to do some digging.

or some googling around and you might find others to try.

good luck.

Back