• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400w ATX PSU troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kchip

SO I found thisPowmax PSU with 12V 25A . I figure for $30 its worth a try for my 226W Pelt.

I cut the Molex off a 12V from the PSU , soldered it to my leads from the Pelt , and heatshrinked the connections.

Just one problem.

When I turn the rocker switch on - on the back of the PSU , nothing happens. The PSUs fan doesnt start. Nothing.

I was hoping this might work , grrr. There is nothing else connnected to this PSU. Any advise?

Warlord2

hmm I know what your problem is but I forgot the fix, sense you have a atx psu thin you have to do some mod in order to start the psu. I think you have to connect 2 wires together but forgot wich ones, maybe it was the green and black ones. Im sure someone else knows but if feel up to it stick a paper clip connecting those two wires together and see if it starts.

KLowD9x

Make sure you got something on the TEC to keep the warm side cool or else youll burn it out. Also, you might need to load the +5v rails to get the full [email protected] I noticed in an article from back in the day, someone used, I think, a 20W resister from radio shack.

KLowD9x

Would that really give enough load? Usually on the +5v there are things like drive controllers, and if you have an AMD(right?), youre pulling the CPU off of the +5s. I dont think a small fan would give enough load...