• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$450 US - worth it for this system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Hey all

friend is selling a used system - needs the $$

for $450 US he is:
MSI mobo - can't recall the name but a good one.
XP1700
512pc2100
80g HD
ti4200
17" monitor
speakers (2) with woofer
56k modem
nic

i had formated this system for him a while back and it is in good condition.

thoughts? $450 a steal or a rip off?

system has been in use for like a year - mainly just got playing games.

twump

depends on who he sells it to. to the average joe its a pretty good deal. but for geeks like us its a bit expensive

CrazyP

ITS NOT BAD ACTUALLY. THE 4200 TI, monitor and 80 gig HDD save the deal. find out what kind of hardrive it is, I would want at least a 7200 rpm drive.

also post what kind of motherboard it is if you can.

OP
Mr.Guvernment

Mr.Guvernment

Skiing Squirrel

good deal if you ask me... Think about it.
mobo-50
cpu-50
hdd-50
gcard-75
monitor-100
ram-50
nic and modem-25...
these prices are very conservative. I say go for it, and sell some of the parts. Is the 1700+ a pally?

OP
Mr.Guvernment

Mr.Guvernment

the 1700 not sure

it is an athlon 1700, all i know..lol - but i will know once i get it here.

see i was building asystemf or my g/f a p4 system got everything put the cpu (spare parts) but now i will likley give this sytem to her - with a g4 MX card instead of the ti4200 and then use the p4 system i have (friend getting a cheap p4 2.4 for me) and tadda - got another system to mess with.

OP
Mr.Guvernment

Mr.Guvernment

LOL

most likely will - the girlfriend only uses the system for Winamp - internet - once she gets it - msn, thas about it :) - then i am going to get a p4 2.8 possibly for p4b533 board i got sitting here so that will be 2 new system for folding.

OP
Mr.Guvernment

Mr.Guvernment

I know - it only has a max 150FSb - that is why i had gone out and bought a Abit BH7 - that is why i figure just get a 2.8 for it or something and get that extra 17mhz FSB out of it.