• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4gbs of PQI will not clock properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcennis4

Registered
I bought 2 kits.
NEWEGG

One kit was opened when I received it so perhaps that is the problem.

2 sticks will register 667 but 4 sticks will not boot that high. PQI tech support said some motherboards will not boot to 667 with 4 GB. I have an Asus P5WD2 Premium. Has anyone experienced this?

I went with 4gb vs. 2gb of Mushkin/Corsair because it is mainly used for Photoshop and the price was right (plus PQI has great reviews).

Thanks for any help

rseven

Try testing two at a time. If one set fails then test those one at a time. I had to return two sets of PQI ram that would not perform at stock.

OP
M

mcennis4

Registered
Each kit tested correctly by itself. Thanks for the reply...hopefully 2 new kits will work.

OP
M

mcennis4

Registered
Do you mean the board is bad (replace it) or it won't see the correct ram on any Asus P5WD2 Premium (get an Abit). I also noticed that the d 830 shows 2800 vs. 3000 in CPUz at idle. Sometimes it will show 3000 but rarely. It was very hot but dropped 20 degrees c. with the latest bios update...however, the mobo rose 10 degrees.