• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4GHz here I come!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats nothing dude, i've seen a guy with 2 thermochill 120.3's and two eheim's running at the same time.... he did mounted his stuff outside too, but he used these metal L shaped things, and they looked pretty freakin hot

lmao, having that speaker next to your computer is the most idiotic thing ive ever seen! you must not listen to it when using your computer? or it must not bump at all, lmao. Thats a good way to ruin your comp

Tony420 said:
lmao, having that speaker next to your computer is the most idiotic thing ive ever seen! you must not listen to it when using your computer? or it must not bump at all, lmao. Thats a good way to ruin your comp

You may disagred with his setup, but I really don't think it's the way of saying this! :mad:

[AK]Zip, Your vcore is kind of high? Even with good air/water cooling setup you should not raise it above 1.7V. As hipro5 said it, Pentium 4 cpu's are not dying with subzero temps, but I bet you can't get subzero temps with water cooling. You really should drop that vcore, unless you know what you're doing.

okk okkk i didnt mean it towards him, think of me doggin the speaker :)

cause it really is a bad bad idea :)

here's mine
25fc1999.jpg

I was running 1.7 volts through my 2.8C under a prommy. It was nice and stable at 3.8 GHz for about a month, then it started going downhill from there. Your 3.9XX OC probably won't last too long with 1.78 Vcore.

I would be concerned about the vcore that high also. But if it works for you great.

As far as the position of the subs in that picture, just guessing but maybe he had them sitting there to just show it for now? The best place to position the subs would be firing against the wall with a space between them and the wall. This is known as corner loading. I also noticed the hole in the box but did not see a port. What model of JL subs do you have? I am sure if you go to a shop they can tell you what size port you would need based on the subs you have and the internal volume of the enclosure. What are you using to power the subs? Also wondering if you are using an active or passive crossover for them.

what cpu temps do u get buzz (nice oc btw, i plan to do the same with a 3.2e)?

Wfarid,

Right now I am running it at 255mhz fsb, 4.08ghz, vcore set still at 1.4875v in bios. It is prime stable for over 6 hours at this setting. My CPU temps are low single digits, on the positive side, under load. I need to try and get my Prometia regassed. My PWM temps have not gone over 32c under load. I am sure that having the phase change cooling is helping keeping that part of the mother board nice and cool. With my job I have not had a good chance to see what the limits are with the system. Even though I built it almost a month ago, I probally have less then 96 hours on it. I drive for a living, so only get time on the weekend and that time is limited for other things. One of these days I hope to sit down and try and see what all I can get out of her.

yo the pic does not work anymore and i'd like to see your setup. and what exactly is the cpu you are running? prescott? northwood? stepping?

Back