• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4k G-Sync at 60hz ok for the casual 3D gamer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidst95

Hi, I'm looking at getting at 32 inch 4k monitor. I'm a software developer and really like the real estate of a larger format 4k monitor for work but I also enjoy casual gaming. I have 2x GTX 980 TIs and a I7-6700K. I'm looking at getting the new Acer XB321HK monitor. It looks like it would fit my needs but many reviews say it's not great for gaming. For a casual gamer will playing at 60hz with G-Sync still provide a pleasant experience even thought it's not a high refresh rate? I been playing mainly the new Tomb Raider and Watch Dogs. Thanks.

David

BonaOver

Registered
Honestly I wouldn`t get 4k until displayport 1.3, 60hz is past, it is junk. You are better of getting a good 1080p 144hz screen than buying a 4k monitor right now. High refresh rate makes a INSANE difference in everything, from using your desktop to playing games. I'm a designer myself and I love having 144hz for drawing with my wacom. 4k resolution is something new, I'd think more about 4k when pascal and displayport 1.3 gets to the market.