• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4pea+ & FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtlk

Anyone have any experience running this with a 2.8northwood?
I have o/c it to 3ghz (FSB143) any faster and it starts running a bit flaky. Under prime95 , XP bombs with ..."To few IRQ's...". I have set the Vcore is set 1.575, AGP 1.6, ram to 2.6v, agp/pci locked. Should I try pumping the Vcore higher? Using stock retail heat sink and fans that came with the box... full load under prime95 @ 3ghz is around 58C.

nodsetse

I'd bet it's not the mobo limiting you in this case. Tough call on how to proceed, mainly due to the temp being reported. Very possible you'd get more out of it with increased vcore, but if the temp is accurate, the additional heat produced would likely result in CPU throttling back, unless you got a better HSF. Of course the reported temp may be falsely high (common on a lot of boards), sometimes up to 10'C. Sorry, don't know what else to tell you.