• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 years later...Love Zelda BotW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zelda BotW play though?

• I speedrun.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I took my time and puttered though.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I 100% it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I skipped it, not interested

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I am 5 years late and still playing.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I did the 120 shrines but no way am I finding 900 Korak Seeds...

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

dfonda

Senior Golfer
This game is really good after my 2nd Divine Beast. Did Waterblight and then Thunderblight. Instead of turning around at the tough mini bosses(Lynels). Actively hunted for them.

I love exploration games and although I won't be speed running or 100% ing....I am on my 120th shrine. The 3rd Divine Beast Windblight was cake...I like games that do not level up NPC's so this is fun, fun, fun.

Probably not skilled enough for Elden Ring but I would appreciate the better Graphics.

Oddly I searched for Zelda and did not find a thread on BotW...

Last edited:
We've been playing BotW since this past Xmas, but after a 3:30am gaming session into a Sunday morning the wife & I have self imposed gaming time rules.
I'll have to see how many shrines we have found the next time we fire it up - I'm sure we are not near 120. I beat the Waterblight and found Wind & Thunder Blights, but have not freed them yet. Lynels are a pita, some are much easier than others though.

Wife has been at it daily for about 6 months. Not at 120 shrines yet.
She found out about Amiibo's though.
I hate myself for getting her a Switch now. lol

I saw an article this week on GameSpot saying the BotW2 has been delayed from 2022 to Q2 2023. I didn't even know a new one was in the works.

There are still other games in this world. Maybe not as good but if you like some more action then check Hyrule Warriors. Both parts are often on sale and are fun to play.
When I got the BotW then I was playing it every day for some weeks. It was my first Switch game and really a must-have title. I think I made all shrines and most other things but I don't think I have like 100% of everything.

I was counting that BotW2 will be in this year :(

There's DLC for BOTW as well that adds some new challenges/new game+ type stuff (if I remember correctly) and the ability to unlock a motorcycle/dirt bike thing as well.

Played a little BotW yesterday afternoon & saw we have completed 86 shrines. That's more than I expected to see, but still a good distance from 120. :)

I also bought Hyrule Warriors & Link's Awakening when I bought the Switch. Both are still in the plastic, so the Switch will have a use for quite some time.
We finished Skyward Sword on Wii & I saw it was also released for Switch. If you haven't played it through, I would recommend it.

I need to stop puttering around and finish it....Too many 3am nights looking for Keese wings or grinding Guardians to upgrade Armor...I wasted so many ancient arrows before I began Melee'ing the Guardians and using stasis on them...:confused: :shrug::p

265 hours later...All memories, All shrines, 4 Divine Beast's...Ganon . All most all the sidequests. Might do the DLC, not sure I want to bang my head on wall just to do the Champions DLC.

I have this game on Wii U but haven't played it at all yet, in fact its still sealed
at this point its better as an investment: https://www.pricecharting.com/game/wii-u/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-first-print

Maybe if i come across a cheaper/loose disc of it i'll pick it up for Wii U again as right now i only have a switch lite and i've noticed some games were made with gaming on the go in mind while others more a home console mode experience

Back