• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

50 degrees while Prime95 too much?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
Is the voltage and speed stock? If it is you may want to make sure that your heatsink is seated properly, and making good contact, then make sure that you have a good thin film of conductive grease (preferably Arctic Silver 3 or Crematique)...not too much, not too little.

OP
wannaoc

wannaoc

No it isn't stock, the voltage on my motherboard (GVAXP-U) only moves in % so I moved it up to 5% which is the smallest increment. The FSB is at 182, the multi is up from 12.5x stock to 13x the RAM is up +.1 volts. It's a 2800+ Barton (2.08 stock) running at 2275 with a good heatsink and fan. Water is my next upgrade because I want to go as high as I can! Damn OC is addictive. :)

Chris

I think 50c is perfectly fine as long as its stable, but personally i think I would want to work at it a little and try get it down a bit.

Severian

I normally regard 50c as the max, although personally I'm on 52c.

Of course, lower is optimal, but 50 isn't going to destroy your chip or anything.

OP
wannaoc

wannaoc

Ah, that's what I wanted to hear. I'm still on air for now...I will be getting water in the next couple weeks and just wanted to make sure my CPU would make it. Thanks.