• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

50CFM LED Fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
OK, maybe it's cheesy, but I am going to replace my 37CFM case fans with ~50CFM 80mms and was wondering if anyone knew of any in that flow range with 3 or 4 LEDs? Modding strictly for looks isn't really my bag, but I thought they might look cool behind my Lian grill since I was going to upgrade them anyway.

I found some at nexfan that supposedly go up to 52CFM, but they only have 2 blue LEDs in the hub and don't look very bright.

If anyone can point to an online shop that sells something that lights like the Antec or CoolerMaster, but is around 50CFM, I would appreciate it!

:: bump ::

Anyone? Guess I could use a pair of the 32-35CFMs in the front, but then I'd have to put one or two side intakes in. Anyone using the Antecs or Coolermasters? How are they working and how many of them do you have? Total # of fans in your case? Temps?

I have 6 80mm fans in my case. 2 front, 2 back, 1 top, 1 cpu. The top fan is the 30~cfm Antec. The cpu fan is the 2-led 50cfm from www.crazypc.com. The rest are the 39cfm Sunons. They all put out nice airflow for the noise.

The crazypc fan:
Leds are dim and there's little glowing effect. Just looks like 2 leds in the hub. It's got the airflow for a hs/f though. Nice addition to a case that already has lighting, but it won't suffice as a centerpiece.

The Antec:
Looks awesome! The 4 leds are in the housing and are bright. The whole thing glows, and there are tracers glinting of the fan blades. Cfm is a bit low for hs fans but the looks alone are worth it if you have a badass heatsink (Swiftech or SLK8000). The effect is sweet coming through a stamped grill or fancy fanguard.

All the fans, except the crazypc, and my ccfl's are wired to a Baybus. The leds on the Antec don't light up on the lower voltage setting.

"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world...those who understand binary and those who don't." -thinkgeek.com

Well, as much as I would prefer just 4 50CFM fans, I just got back from the store with 2 CoolerMaster LED 32CFM 80mms. I honestly couldn't justify 50% more $ for the Antecs for only 2CFM more each. If these truly are as quiet as advertised (25dB), I guess I'll just add 2 more side intake fans rather than fewer fans with more CFM each. Not that I am going to hear anything over the Tornado anyway, but I am going to redo and reinstall my rheobus this weekend because it's killing me :)

BTW, the Antecs only have 3 LEDs, not 4, but are pretty bright and glow on both sides of the fan equally (another downer to the hub mounted LED fans..they don't). They actually had some Antecs running in a display rig (Antec case) and they felt pretty weak to me. Definitely not HSF material where any kind of OCing is involved. 4-8 of 'em in case and you probably wouldn't need the CCFLs though :)

Thanks for the info...I'll post back after they're installed. I'll be sure to do some before/after case temp readings.

Eh, about what I expected. Case runs 1C warmer at idle than with the Enermax intakes (37-40CFM each) I replaced. I guess I'll need to decide on still going the 4x 50CFM w/o LEDs or adding some fans to the side/top. Decisions, decisions. They certainly are quiet though. If the lights weren't on, you'd never even know they were running.

They sure are bright tho...maybe too bright :) If only I had a window to show off all the fingerprints inside my case...LOL.

ledfanfront.jpg
ledfanback.jpg

Back