• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

50mm 100mL tube reservoir - mounting options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

howdoi

Registered
Another rookie question. I am planning out my loop in a SFF (Sliger sm570) and I have an Alphacool 50mm (100mL) tube reservoir which can fit between the GPU and front panel. Problem is that the mounting brackets that come with the res are huge (relatively speaking) and do not allow me to mount the res anywhere in the case.

I have 2 questions:
1. can i mount the res in that location using velcro? I could use velcro on the back side of the PSU and also on the front panel so that it would be secured in 2 spots
2. does anyone know of any 50mm res mounts that are low profile? I have a total of 60mm to work with, so there is only 10mm of total clearance for a bracket or mount.

The brackets that came with the Alphacool are roughly 24mm in height.

I have used velcro in the past and didn't have any issues. Are you going to me moving the rig a lot? If you are I would recommend just checking it before you turn it on after a move. Something like 3m dual lock will likely work good, a very good adhesive and strong mating beat the pieces.

EDIT: make a custom bracket if you have a 3d printer available.

Thank you for the response. Rig will be stationary on my desk. I will look into the 3M product. Unfortunately, I don't have a 3D printer, nor would I even know how to use one! LOL

Back