• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5770 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axion

Hi all

Been a long while since I last looked at any hardware and with my 8800gt on the fritz I've decided to upgrade and think the 5770 seems a good fit.

Does anyone know of any differences between the manufacturers? e.g. better/quieter cooler or any such thing? Any manufacturers I should avoid? or I just get the cheapest 5770 i can find?

Thanks in advance

Mr.Guvernment

find the cheapest, they are all the same reference design, some have diffent coolers, some have different warranties.

OP
A

Axion

find the cheapest, they are all the same reference design, some have diffent coolers, some have different warranties.

surprisingly yours is the only reply, I had hoped someone would be able to tell me which had the best/quietest cooler, c'est la vie! (thanks though)

lee

am running the Sapphire version from newegg - am overclocking at the moment (see sig) and is still very quiet, much more so than i thought it would be..........my system was originally built for HTPC purposes, but gaming on a big screen is now a reality with this card........without seeing any reviews for multiple 5770s, wouldn't know which are "best/quietest"......

Mr.Guvernment

i picked up an XFX for my uncle, 5770, with the coolers it all depends on the fan speed you setin over drive, anything below %40 is near silent, your other system fans would make more noise, once you start going up from there it gets louder, with anything over %75ish or so being very noticeble, but i have yet to need it to be above %40.