• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5770 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axion

Hi all

Been a long while since I last looked at any hardware and with my 8800gt on the fritz I've decided to upgrade and think the 5770 seems a good fit.

Does anyone know of any differences between the manufacturers? e.g. better/quieter cooler or any such thing? Any manufacturers I should avoid? or I just get the cheapest 5770 i can find?

Thanks in advance

find the cheapest, they are all the same reference design, some have diffent coolers, some have different warranties.

find the cheapest, they are all the same reference design, some have diffent coolers, some have different warranties.

surprisingly yours is the only reply, I had hoped someone would be able to tell me which had the best/quietest cooler, c'est la vie! (thanks though)

am running the Sapphire version from newegg - am overclocking at the moment (see sig) and is still very quiet, much more so than i thought it would be..........my system was originally built for HTPC purposes, but gaming on a big screen is now a reality with this card........without seeing any reviews for multiple 5770s, wouldn't know which are "best/quietest"......

i picked up an XFX for my uncle, 5770, with the coolers it all depends on the fan speed you setin over drive, anything below %40 is near silent, your other system fans would make more noise, once you start going up from there it gets louder, with anything over %75ish or so being very noticeble, but i have yet to need it to be above %40.

Back