• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

58 degrees celc. with stock athlon 2 cooler help??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GChames+

Alright, sorry for all these questions recently, i have newly installed an amd athlon 2 x3 cpu into my mobo (biostar a880gz) and when i check temps in the BIOS it reads at 58 degrees Celsius? and case temp of 36 degrees? that seems super high for a new build with no load at all.

(i also used the core unlocking in the bios and it unlocked it without a problem to a phenom 2 x4 b50.)

is it just cause of the athlon 2's stock cooler? or is it another problem? I used the thermal paste that comes on the heatsink when i put it on.

While in the BIOS the CPU is under a partial load. Post the core temp's as read by either HWMonitor or Core Temp, both at idle and while running Prime. Also post the Vcore (Core Voltage) shown by CPU-Z, again both at idle and while running Prime.

Alright sorry for the post, i was worried for no reason. HWmonitor reads 27 celc for case temp. And since i unlocked the 4th core it wont read cpu temp. But It is running great so far :)

Back