• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5820k with x99-deluxe overclocking issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MindLessGhost

Registered
Hey everyone I'm new to overclocking and I'm currently trying to get better performance out of my computer for gaming, here are my specs.

asus X99-DELUXE/U3.1
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x8gb sticks) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
SLI 980 Ti Super Clocked Gaming ACX 2.0
Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W

I have two built gaming computers one is the wife's one is mine. Wife's runs AMD (my old rig) well hers runs some games at better frames than me! shes also got the 980 ti sli. The other day we were playing the crew together we were both running 4k ultra she was getting about 40 to 50 frames average, I was only getting 25 to 35. So I think it'll be time to overclock my computer, I've tried using the simple AI from the bios mode and it doesn't seem to stick. I've tried reading some guides on overclocking, but none of them are of my board so everythings worded different, I've overclocked the asus crosshair v formula-z, way easier than this x99-deluxe.

While I haven't had an Asus X99 or X79 board, most i7 5820s just need the core bumped to 1.25V and then set the multipler to 43 to jump to 4.3 GHz. I don't think your H80 will be good for much more than that. You could also experiment with the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

I'll give that a try I believe I had the voltage up to 1.29 earlier, but I used CPUZ before and after trying to increase voltage and multiplier they were the same before and after. so I'm wondering if im adjusting the wrong setting due to everything being named differently than what I am use to with my Crosshair forumla z board.

- - - Updated - - -

I also was thinking of changing the H80, but sadly I can't get fit a bigger cooler in my current case, so everyone says. Proved a few wrong cause they said I couldn't water cool at all in this case. its a AZZA Solano 1000R

Should be listed under cpu vcore, or cpu core voltage
You may be able to fit something larger int the front of the case but thats if you can remove the drive cages and probably the 5.25" mounting trays

Well its no big deal atm as long as I can improve fps, I plan on upgrading cases in a month or two to get better Cooling options.

Back