• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$59.00 - Seagate 320GB Serial ATA/300 16MB Buffer ST303204N1A1AS-RK - Retail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
$70.92 after tax and delivery. Not bad, I suppose. :)

Still, that just sounds like a whole lot more than $59 sounds like.

You can get the same drive but branded under maxtor for $49

edit: just looked and could not find them, they did have them this morning I got another to setup a 4 drive raid.

M-hax-tor~? Return before deth or ded on bord. X-meh. my 2c

You can get the same drive but branded under maxtor for $49

edit: just looked and could not find them, they did have them this morning I got another to setup a 4 drive raid.

i saw that yesterday and thought about buying two for my gf... then i thought it was overkill for her.

krag... the maxtor is the same drive, just branded as maxtor. i have FIVE of them that i've been using a few months now...

Frys has them every once and a while, normally at frys they are 109 like the seagates, but they had the maxtors yesterday morning for $49 untill they ran out I am sure (online anyways), you probably could still pick one up in store, I was to lazy to drive 30mins so I opted for ordering online and delivery.

they avg about 65mb/s over the whole disk, sounds slow but they are not, together they are monsters, 3 in a matrix raid 0 74gb slice they can run 215mb/s and 9ms access time. Raptor access time with 3-4times the bandwidth. They are good as regular drives too but really shine in raid. The new 7200.11 are faster doing about 85mb/s avg but at $125 you can get 2 maxtors put them in raid and they will be faster and have more space for a cheaper price.

Im going to run 4 in matrix raid 0 100gb slice (hoping for 285mb/s and 8.5ms), the rest will be raid 5 for my files should be 900gb or so of parity (I lose a drive i swap a new one in, I have to reinstall a new OS because it was on the raid 0 part but it will rebuild the raid 5 and you wont lose your data)

Again seagate has owned maxtor for a while now and they use the same perp disks in both drives. You can pay the extra $10 to get the seagate if it will help you sleep better at night. go to www.maxtor.com it sends you to seagates website.

Last edited:
I have been in need of one of these for 4 months...

Yesterday I ordered 100 Verbatim DVD's for $23...

Oh well.

Be Careful With the AAK Firmware

See title.

I picked one today as well from my local Fry's, after my 2 Seagate disks in my Matrix Raid died suddenly and simultaneously today.

However, mine has that infamous Seagate AAK firmware--3.AAK is my firmware version, to be exact, made in Suzhou, China. It performs noticeably poorer vis-a-vis other firmware. This is all over the internet.

After I discovered that I had an AKK, I almost went back to Fry's and returned it. But then, I needed a disk immediately. So I am sort of stuck with what I have.

Haven't benched with HDtune or HDtach, yet. But subjective feeling of the drive seems to be fine. A fresh installed OS seems to be quite robust. Because of what I have seen so far, I guess I will keep the disk.

Nevertheless, mine is still an AAK firmware.

Check your own Seagate disk's firmware.

Hope this helps.

Back