• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5900 ultra gpu cooling,which hs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ok guys i have a BFG 5900u i picked up and will be here this week.
as always the stock cooling will be bye-bye right after intial testing and maxing.

i have 4 xtra cpu hs/fan combos i can use on the gpu.
1. stock amd socketA hs
2.aluminum with a copper slugged middle.
3. aluminum w/copper plate
4. swiftech mcx 462+ :D

now i know the swifty would rock on that core,but the weight is a concern.it easily weighs 2-3 times what the others do and that without a fan!

also the heatsink will be drilled or fit somehow but wont be as3 epoxied as i dont trust that kinda weight.plus i may need to put the stock cooling back for some reason.

i originally wanted one of those slim rackmount cpu h/s's but was low on cash.

i dont use many pci slots anyhow.but bracing and supporting the card WILL be my issues.

ideas? thoughts?

sandman001 said:
Aluminum with copper slugged muddle.
ty for the vote :D
seems to be a might smarter decision than the mcx 462 also as it will be drilled and destroyed to far to be used on a cpu again.

anyone else have opinions?

The aluminum with copper slugged in middle would be best choice, as it seems light enough to fit, yet with copper, should cool well enough to be a good performance gain.

Back