• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5900x / Dark Hero : Need help to OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes ctr mistype from phone :)

Interesting. I'm around 38c idle and 50c to 55gaming with 4.6ghz @1.2

I'll try ctr again. If I want to get back to my manual oc I just have to prevent it to run at startup right?

Yes just set it not to start with Windows.

My temps are higher since I upped the voltage for stability. I'm sitting just above 1.35V

I've just tried some oc with curve + pbo + dark hero switch
here are the settings i've used

4.png 1.png 5.png 2.png 192375788_346732733634516_8932053571227140760_n.png 3.png

For the curve, i'm not sure I understood it i put -20 on best cores, -25 on second, -30 on the others.
However my idle temps RISED a lot, i'm close to 50c idle, what could i to do fix that?

I've tried to reset everything, clear cmos to do a fresh profile

Just activated xmp
Did a pbo curve

But on windows the cpu won't go above 3.6gh

I really don't understand why. Can someone help me please? With manual voltage it works fine.

By "on windows" do you mean sitting at the desktop? What happens when you put it under load? Under stock conditions it will only boost when under load, at idle it will lower the clocks to conserve power.

It was a stupid power plan issue lol..

i read about those settings to tweak, should i try this?

The first one should be VDDG CCD (put in 0.940) the second one should be VDDG IOD (put in 0.980) and the third is CLDO VDDP (put in 0.900)

Those settings are related to IF and memory, are you having memory issues?

Nope,

Someone helped me tweak a lot of things in bios including memory

Running at 47/46.5 (per ccx) at 1.27250 (something like this )
IF at 1833 with tighter timings

idle temps between 40 and 45 now, seems to run stable, doing more test

Cinebench going from 9100 to 9300

If you're stable for your uses that's great. Prime95 small FFTis a heavy load and might be over the top but it'll bring that system to its knees quickly if not stable.

Well, i spoke too fast... just got system service exception bsod.

Went back to my 4.6 profile / 1.2v.

Any clue in the report that could indicate the issue?

On Tue 01/06/2021 13:37:39 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060121-12718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6CF0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80356B13B50, 0xFFFFC08598466960, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 01/06/2021 13:37:39 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0xA3BD)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80356B13B50, 0xFFFFC08598466960, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Probably memory/IF if you weren't under load. I also think your voltage is too low. For most workloads, it'll be fine but once you encounter something serious the system will crash.

It was juste while browsing and i had few pages crashing on Opera before that, could it be related? Might be the dram timings

Little extra question

I've read about manuel setting of pll voltage at 1.8 for stability and temperature

Is that somehow relevant or should i leave it auto?

Thanks

You shouldn't need to touch anything PLL related. By the sounds of it your system is not too happy with its tune. Maybe put the ram back @ stock and work on your core clocks first. I have only had mine for a couple of days, but it is not like clocking my 5600X that is for sure. There is a lot going on :D

Well i went back to a stable manual 4.6 @1.2v, all good, temps are ok, 40 desktop, 50 to 60 in game, is that ok?

What are you testing your "stable" 4.6 GHz @ 1.2 V settings with?

I did cinebench, gaming and a 1H occt, no issues for now but i know i'll have more perf with curve / pbo but i wasn't comfy with temps :(

Temps are good well over 90C and the CPU will throttle at that point to protect itself. I still feel your voltage is too low for that speed. It'll likely be fine for 90% of what you're doing but small errors can accumulate and cause Windows corruption without a system crash. That's why I always test with Prime 95 small FFTs.

I'm actually at 1.225 need to check.

But is manual oc ok or should I really try more with pbo curve?

Back