• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5960x CPU, Trying to set up Mild Overclock with AsRock Extreme4 x99 (64gb ram)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaysen

Hi there, my first post, I did do a lot of reading, and I decided to try overclocking my current setup, This is my first PC built, it is been performing somewhat stable to go ahead with video editing / rendering work, but after reading all kinds of guides, it is just better for me to OC to 4.0. I Have Kraken x61 cooling, regular intel Extreme Tuning Utility shows under load it is around 40 degrees. (without any OC on UEFI)

I have AsRock Extreme4 x99 motherboard,
in UEFI, There OC Tweaker.
There I see 2 different main settings one is 'Load 4 GHz and XMP OC Setting' the other is 'Load Optimized CPU OC Setting'
if I enable the first one the third 'Multi Core Enhancement' setting vanishes. The Ram I have is clocked at 2400 DDR4

If I change the first setting 'Load 4 GHz and XMP OC Setting' I see that the top yellow indicators of 'Target CPU / Cache / BCLK Speed" changes to 4000 Mhz / 2400 Mhz / 100.0 Mhz

I have read in many posts that even though you can use UEFI clock which is automatic, people suggest to achieve manually as it allocates to much voltage for a mild increase in speed, which will result reducing the life span of my CPU,

I am posting the photo here of what I see on my AsRock Extreme4 UEFI for this CPU so maybe you can point me to the right direction of how to achieve 4.0 GHz without high voltage settings?

PvfKtJc.jpg