• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5960x Rampage V Extreme @ 4.6GHZ And Corsair Vengeance LPX At 8x16GB @ 2666MHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Freeze that *****! Now that I see you struggling with 4.8GHz that gives more credence to the OP. I'm just saying if it's IvyBridge, Haswell, Haswell-E or Skylake and under 5.0GHz don't come around bragging about it b/c you ain't done nothing special.

There's exactly 44 5960x's on HWBot under CPU frequency that have reached higher than 5GHZ and some of them are L2N. Like I said before, on a 5960x to get 4.7GHZ is pretty good, 4.8 is OP, higher than that you need to win the CPU lotto before you go 5.0 and higher or L2N.

Edit: And I'm sure some of those higher ones are just CPU-Z submissions and are nowhere near stable, to submit to CPU-Z you just need to be able to boot into Windows and run CPU-Z, without being stable and not crash running games and other programs etc.

Last edited:
Wolven... let it go. You have nothing to prove. :)

k, will do. I was going to post 30 minutes ago enough ranting about this and let it go, but I thought that post would just be more ranting and I was just going to stop responding to the flaming. :)

Just to add something ... on X99 all chips go up to ~4.6-4.7GHz pretty easy ... above that are starting much higher voltage steps so also generated heat which you can't keep on air/water. Simply all chips on water hit ~4.8GHz max ( there are single exceptions but not many ). 6 and 8 cores are about the same for some reason +/- 100MHz depends from luck. My best 5820K could make 4.8GHz on water while the same chip can make 5.8GHz on dice what is higher than any of my Skylakes on dice ( all can't pass ~5.6GHz ). My 2nd 5820K can make about 100MHz less on dice while the same max clock on water.

Btw any point to use 8 memory sticks while benching ? It's much harder to OC memory like that.

Just to add something ... on X99 all chips go up to ~4.6-4.7GHz pretty easy ... above that are starting much higher voltage steps so also generated heat which you can't keep on air/water. Simply all chips on water hit ~4.8GHz max ( there are single exceptions but not many ). 6 and 8 cores are about the same for some reason +/- 100MHz depends from luck. My best 5820K could make 4.8GHz on water while the same chip can make 5.8GHz on dice what is higher than any of my Skylakes on dice ( all can't pass ~5.6GHz ). My 2nd 5820K can make about 100MHz less on dice while the same max clock on water.

Btw any point to use 8 memory sticks while benching ? It's much harder to OC memory like that.

I bench 8x4GB DDR4 3000 at 3200 because it is single sided and single sided overclocks much better then say 4x8GB double sided sticks. I do 3200 on the single sided and have never gotten double sided at more then 2666 stable on my chip. :-/

Okay, it's not letting me delete old pictures uploads now. I mean it shouldn't be that hard. :/

Never mind, figured it out, but it really wasn't very intuitive. :(

Last edited:
Back