• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6 core 12 thread needs cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

q9650

I just picked up an x58 sabertooth and an X5650. My goal it to overclock it as much as possible, im hoping for 3.8-4.1GHz. I was wondering that the cheapest and most effective cooler would be (water AIO or air). Ive never worked with x58 (as my name gussets I mainly work with p45) so im not sure how beefy the cooling solution needs to be. The X5650 has only a 95W TDP but does the higher core count effect how hot it will get? Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the quick repy. I was looking at the NH-D14. Trying to stay in the sub $70 range. There is a deal on Corsair H80i refurbished at Fry's for $62 but idk if I trust that.

H80i isn't enough. That air cooler would do better. You would need a good 2x120mm radiator to beat out those high end Noctua's. ;)

The dark rock 3 (not the pro 3) isnt comparable to the NH-D14 is it? I was thinking about it as an alternative since the NH-D14 isnt very aesthetic

I was also looking at the CRYORIG R1 Ultimate. Looks better imo and coold similat to the NH-D15

I have a Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2 Extreme cooling my Overclocked 6 core 12 thread 5820 K...works well.

Back