• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

60 degrees celcius even though i just got a gladiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surlyjoe

ya , take it back off real careful and check the spot where it was, and make sure it was on flat and all

OP
U

unknown8585

Registered
actually, i think it might be partially due to my case. i took of the outerside of my case and my temp dropped to 49 after running prime95 for a couple hours. i'm currently thinking about drilling holes in the side of my case......any other suggestions...by the way, i can't afford a new case at this moment, and there doesn't seem to be any good place in my case to put a case fan in...

outhouse

Even at 49C your temps are too hot of course if we knew what you were running that would help out quite a bit, you should get your temps in the 30C range as long as your ambient temps are not too high. There should be a place in the back and front of your case for fans if not you may need to make some, drilling holes will not cut it.

OP
U

unknown8585

Registered
i have a duron 800 @ 900(6x150)

by the way, what do you guys think is better,

6x150=900
7x138=966

when i benchmark it, the 7x138 performs better, but i heard that it's always better to have a high fsb than higher speeds

k_lined4lyf

Registered
Well, if you're benchmarking the cpu only, yeah.. 7x138 will yield better results. But the cpu isn't the system. A higher FSB with a lower multiplier for a given resultant speed increases the entire system efficiency as data moves to/from the bus and memory at higher speeds, rather than just having a faster CPU only. For the case of 1GHz CPUs... 7.5x133 or even 7x143 is better than 10x100. As for your case ( different end-speeds ) however, I don't know if a 12MHz FSB increase would necessarily justify a 66MHz cpu speed decrease as far as overall system performance.

I hope this helps a bit,

K-Lined4Lyf