• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

600+ watt peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
maybe a nuclear reactor?

you'd need a prommy just to cool the thing..........well, maybe not.

For the price you might as well get a prommy.........

that is a good question, why?

also, I dont know how you would expect to cool it with a prommy when they can only handle 200watts..... :rolleyes: Its not what you cool it with, its how you cool it. and it would take a heck of a cooling system for that. most phaze change systems would not be able to handle it. A huge custom one would. or watercooling could. It would take a heck of a waterblock and a heckalot of flow and a LARGE radiator to cool that beast. but it would be so hot, that you would see very little, or negetive gain using it. thats why 226watt peltiers dont get as cold as they should.

Jon

yea, it's insane, and I kinda doubt they are made just because of the cooling for it.

I mean, even with THE BEST watercooling, it would heat the water up.

Unless you were dumping the water into a huge tub inside of an industrial freezer lined with copper tubing, and LN.

Where do you plan on getting 600+ watts though, and however many amps it would take to power that thing? I'm just really curious.

Hmm if you are looking at it for a heatsource just use 110 AC and some type of cheap large power sucking resistors instead of having to spend a fortune on beast of a DC power supply and a custom pelt. Maybe 220 would be better than even 110 for this...seems quite odd, heating in a cooling part of the forum. Anyways, pelts will fail~solder melt~falls apart and stops working etc if not cooled insanly well especially at this heat level. Probably just better to use stuff that can handle HIGH sustained heat. Maybe make something like a giant toaster heating coil as they can be red hot and not flinch.

Yeah a heating coil would be much better than the 600W TEC, and cheaper to boot. Just enclose the coil in some metal box (be sure to vent it) and place whatever needs to be heated right on that. A heck of a lot safer and more economical than a TEC.

You can obtain the heating coil components from an old toaster oven or space heater.

I can't use AC for this it will be running off a battery, and it can't be too hot like a heating coil because something could explode if it was exposed to that heat

Well, you could get an electric hotplate. If you are drawing power off of a battery what kind? As that is an awefull lot of draw for a battery and or alternator if its in a car~truck. And a 600 watt pelt would get insanly hot...before it melted itself and then had bear wiring possibly. maybe if you gave a description on what you are trying to do exactly with it we could figure out what would be the best route to go.

Back