• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Intel i5 655K Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Intel i5 655K Review
by Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)
Every once in a while, something truly unexpected comes along. A piece of hardware you thought you’d never see in a million years. A sub-kilobuck CPU with an unlocked multiplier from Intel used to be one of those things, at least until the processors with a “K” in their model number showed up.

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Very nice review.
The only thing that I've noticed is that the SuperPI was good for 5020MHz finished in 8.687s. But 32M SuperPI was really slow for 4928MHz finished in 8m 59.203s...especially for 7-7-7 timings.
How was the temps?....could it be heat related?

Last edited:
Well I may push this 661 this week and see what I can come up with:) You have given me incentive.

Thanks all!
I like the review, maybe you could do the i7-875K next.:)
I wish. Just not in the cards at this point. We'll just have to see what Intel has up their sleeve for the future...and whether we can get our hands on one. :thup:
Very nice review.
The only thing that I've noticed is that the SuperPI was good for 5020MHz finished in 8.687s. But 32M SuperPI was really slow for 4928MHz finished in 8m 59.203s...especially for 7-7-7 timings.
How was the temps?....could it be heat related?
Aye, I noticed that too, but the 7-7-7 timings were at DDR3-1333, so that's what I attribute it to. The i7 870 time was at DDR3-2000 / 9-10-9 (from this review), so I guess it was that. The result was also surprising to me. Guess RAM really does make as much of a difference as people say.

Temperatures definitely weren't a problem. Max Prime95 Small FFTs temp at that speed (4.5GHz) was 59°C.

Back