• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] Core Temp 0.99.7.3 Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using CoreTemp almost since it's first release - an excellent program!

The Coolest is very good about updating for new CPUs and taking care of glitches reported. Of course, he can sometimes use help in solving some issues - it's not like he has every system in the world available at his fingertips for testing. ;) I helped a little just after the Phenom II's came out, just some simple testing on my system. It's easy to test CoreTemp, the worst that happens is a program error or no temps reported.

If you have an issue with CoreTemp don't be shy. Report the problem and The Coolest will do his best to resolve it - and take a few minutes to help, if needed, it doesn't take long and it's painless ... :)

I use CoreTemp on all my pcs and have it running at startup showing temp in the taskbar.

My only gripe with it, is that on my intel laptop it shows tjmax in the overheat protection. On my AMD server and workstation, tjmax is not shown, and if you manually set a temperature, it is lost at reboot. Nothing major as I have plenty of cooling now, it was just an issue when I was originally OC'ing and leaving the system running overnight etc.

I do like the fact that you can run a program at overheat temp. I wrote a small batch file that killed the prime95 executable if it got too hot - simples :comp:

Back