• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

650Watt PSU for 24.99!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
Nice specs on those rails... but I wouldn't trust it. All those watts for 25 bucks... it must be really low quality.

cursor

Let us know how it turns out. I am highly suspicious. What's up with the warranty on this unit? The 'manufacturer' gives it year, but the vendor only gives it 90 days. Why only 90 days? Because they break after that, probably.

Chiefmax? Trying to trade on Chieftec and Enermax's name is pretty shady. Anyhow, I'm dubious, but let us know how it turns out! I hope it's everything it says it is!

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
I emailed chiefmax tech to see if they have a tech doc on that or any of there PSU's so if they do we should be able to see the tolerances (assuming they have one to look at). I highly doubt this thing is any better than a 350W+ name brand but it still may be good enough for a small rig.

unreal

Registered
let me know i know sometimes its a misprint but they would uphold the price, and others are ripoffs... but i also saw one for like 21 on [h] for a 600 but the rails sucked

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
The price is right they have it for about the same price at a bunch of shops on the web.
Also use the phrase "pricewatch" for the coupon code to save on shipping, if you do order one.

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
Well here is what I got out of them :bang head "It's sad when they don't even know what they are selling / re-badging"

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 4:29 AM
Subject: Re: your power supplies

I am interested in you 650W power supply but I am finding little to no information on it. Do you have a technical document on this power supply. My intention is for it to power a Dual AMD XP 2400-M each chip is running around 2.5Ghz so I will need a strong 12V line the only information I can get on your power supply is the +12V is at 34A if this the max whats the recommended load 28A?

----------"Chiefmax - Technical Support" <[email protected]>---------

34A is the maximum output of the power supply in question. Sustained recommended outputs are not in our documentation.

Thank you for your interest,
Chiefmax Technical Support