• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600 K OC Questions (CPU/Memory/Voltage)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
M

mrgisa

Registered
Thanks Wingman99! Rainwater, I went with these as my final settings:
CPU @ 4600 MHz, RAM 2666 MHz (specifications), voltage manually set to 1.290 (maybe it reaches 1.31 at most, as I have extreme voltage on). Temps during tests are in the high 60s/low 70s at most. At idle, they generally hover around the high twenties and I've seen them go as low as 22/23 if I've idled for a long time.
I've passed OCCT, IBT (on normal and high as well), and Real Bench @ 8 hours so I consider this configuration fairly stable (no BSODs or crashes yet). Tried out Simcity and Battlefront today without issues. :)
I know there is an offset mode I could put in too. I'm assuming if I hit the - option, it would drop the voltages by the amount I wish at idle? I've read a few threads about offset but I can't get my head around it...

Mr. Gisa

wingman99

Offset works with Intel CPU VID (Voltage Identification). So when the VID goes up and down do to CPU load, multiplier, temp. The Vcore is directed off of VID with offset voltage folks set.

Rainwater

I disable svid so the cpu can't communicate with the vid. I use llc to achieve that. In bios with vcore set to 1.300v and my llc set to level 7 I idle at 1.296v. Then under load it bumps up to 1.312-1.328v. And those are the only 3 readings I ever get. When gaming it's usually at 1.312 and it'll occasionally bump to 1.328v as needed. If were to have it set to level 8 it would jump all the way to 1.344-1.360v. So 7 is perfect for me.

wingman99

I use all the power saving features it is a waste for me to use Fixed voltage when the modern VRM is made for fast switching using DVID (Dynamic Voltage identification).

Actually when you don't use adaptive offset the motherboard VRM (voltage regulator module)does not communicate with the CPU VID (Voltage identification).

I could use all the features of the motherboard, however all I changed is XMP for memory, DVID 0.075, Multiplier 45.

- - - Updated - - -

I disable svid so the cpu can't communicate with the vid. I use llc to achieve that. In bios with vcore set to 1.300v and my llc set to level 7 I idle at 1.296v. Then under load it bumps up to 1.312-1.328v. And those are the only 3 readings I ever get. When gaming it's usually at 1.312 and it'll occasionally bump to 1.328v as needed. If were to have it set to level 8 it would jump all the way to 1.344-1.360v. So 7 is perfect for me.

What do you have your settings on for Vcore?

OP
M

mrgisa

Registered
I prefer to save power and minimize voltage, within reason, and I notice that in my current settings, the clock, voltage, and temperature (naturally) will go down when idle.
For what I have, I'm a happy camper! ^^