• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600XT performance not as expected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BenQ IPS 144hz i bought about a year ago, i wont do 4k till FPS meets what im after. plus with the games i play adding AA on 1080p looks damn sweet. like i said above the PCIE option i disabled in Bios looks to have fixed the issue. im just on the fence and really the 1030 GT will be more then enough for my daily games EVE and smite. forest and the other survival games can wait, TBH. i am willing to bet the new 4060 will be performance wise about the 3060TI but yea am also wrong alot. even if its not but faster then a 3060 thats still about double min fps of the 1060 6gb. least that way i would have a bout $350 to go towards the new card, hell i might even get a 4070 depending on the price if i go the just use a 1030 route.

Sad to hear that the 6600XT is having this issues. I feel for the guy I traded away mine to. He has not reached out to me to complain about it, yet.

Return the card while you still can. The drivers will get better as AMD sees the number of people experiencing issues rise and they start to fix it. But do you want to hold onto a card hoping that happens?

Also, $600 is a large chunk of money. As crypto falls, people get their 3000/6000 series cards and we move further away from the chip shortage the value of the 6600XT will drop hard and the price of the 4000/7000 series will likely be at or around MSRP. At initial release that $600 would have got you a 3070. I doubt that it will this time around but you will be looking at 4060Ti possible. Or even a 4070/4080 if you return the 6600XT and sell the 1060 now.

The bottom could drop out at any time, or not. The 6600 I bought at MC is $20 more expensive now than when I bought it less than a month ago.
The 480 I bought for 80 bucks after the last coin crash years ago sold recently for almost 300 bucks.

The kid just wants to play his games....his poorly optimized multi-platform games where high end PC support is an afterthought now. I wonder if more than 10% of cards at this performance level are even used for gaming anymore. No wonder driver support sucks.

Sad to hear that the 6600XT is having this issues. I feel for the guy I traded away mine to. He has not reached out to me to complain about it, yet.

Return the card while you still can. The drivers will get better as AMD sees the number of people experiencing issues rise and they start to fix it. But do you want to hold onto a card hoping that happens?

Also, $600 is a large chunk of money. As crypto falls, people get their 3000/6000 series cards and we move further away from the chip shortage the value of the 6600XT will drop hard and the price of the 4000/7000 series will likely be at or around MSRP. At initial release that $600 would have got you a 3070. I doubt that it will this time around but you will be looking at 4060Ti possible. Or even a 4070/4080 if you return the 6600XT and sell the 1060 now.
that was pretty much the conclusion on crypto for cards in that reddit. factor in the new 4k launch and nv saying high volume but not exact numbers. yes true the new 4060ti could be around 600 or even the 4070 could be. i still factor in how long i dont upgrade, waiting a few more months a on a 1030gt wouldnt be so bad. even at $900 spent maybe even on a 4080, the 600 spent plus 300ish for the 1060, make for a nice long haul 1080p max graphics card as well.

Back