• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]AMD Partners Ready Overclocked 6870s, Plus Catalyst Update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Last night we received word that AMD's manufacturing partners are going to be introducing new models of their HD 6870 cards. They gave three examples of what to expect.

Sapphire-Toxic Version clocked at 975MHz engine, 1100MHz Memory clock.
XFX-Black Edition clocked at 940MHz engine, 1150MHz Memory clock.
PowerColor: clocked at 940MHz engine, 1100MHz Memory clock.

Prices will range anywhere from $229 to $259, depending on the partner. Not too bad, especially considering the Toxic is knocking on the door to a 1 GHz GPU clock from the get-go.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Very nice.
Just unlocked my HD6950, Still seems to be running perfectly stable..
No noticable differences 3DMark Vantage.. Maybe this hotfix will give me that little boost I was looking for ^_^

Thanks for keeping us upto date, Expecting the hotfix to be released on the 26th...

FYI, there is a leaked 11.1a hotfix out in the wild. Unfortunately it was the first version released to the press and there is already an update that fixes an OGL tessellation bug.

Always beware leaked drivers. :)

I didn't get any additional emails, so presumably it will be out sometime today.

Info just received from AMD:

In light of the public release of the Catalyst 11.1a Driver yesterday January 26th, we’d like to highlight that the Hot-Fix 11.1a driver enables our MLAA feature on our ATI Radeon HD 5800 & HD 5900 series graphics cards.

Beginning Catalyst 11.2 we will officially add support for MLAA on 5800/5900 series as well.

Back