• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE PC Water Cooling From a Newcomer's Perspective

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

I had always been the type that told myself that I would never even consider putting any kind of water into my computer, for any reason, due to the risk of leaks damaging expensive hardware. My other options were going with something extreme, like phase change or LN2, or mid- to high-end air cooling. I ended up sticking with the latter, due to the fact that it was a lot easier, since I wouldn't have to insulate everything, and much more cost effective for my uses. This lead to a lot of money spent on Thermalright coolers, with some very loud fans. When my rig was upgraded to the Q6600 CPU ... ... Return to article to continue reading.

Good article dude.

I have to accept that I'm one of those that ran a car radiator with a "custom" reservoir and all components out of case, even, when I open the block for install the AMD support bracket I forgot install a rubber and..leaks showed me her face :). As you, I also read a lot and found a lot of information that makes me thing twice before go ahead and buy the components, more, when I had to import the components to my country :D

Finally, everything went well and rig was running without problems, right now is down because I'm upgrading somethings (a 480 radiator for only CPU is big), but soon will be up and running again. ;)

Funny you make a guide right at the moment my computer is going blue :D

I am considering making a case with two computers in it, both water cooled :sn:

Yes, it's hard to imagine going back to air cooling for me as well. I love how you emphasized "read some more". For all those out there that are considering liquid cooling, DO YOUR RESEARCH! I can't emphasize how important that is. There's a ton of info out there and many helpful people on communities like this one that are more than willing to help and share their wisdom!

Yes, it's hard to imagine going back to air cooling for me as well. I love how you emphasized "read some more". For all those out there that are considering liquid cooling, DO YOUR RESEARCH! I can't emphasize how important that is. There's a ton of info out there and many helpful people on communities like this one that are more than willing to help and share their wisdom!

That was actually one of the points that I really wanted to try to drive home. No matter how much you read, there is still more to learn. I also hope that this article is enough to help someone that is considering going water make a decision. The big thing is, even to this day, I am still reading and learning, and don't plan to stop any time soon.:clap:

Thanks for the kind words, guys.:beer:

Back