• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today will we be taking a look at ASRock?s flagship Z68 motherboard, the Z68 Extreme4. Prior to the Z68 chipset?s release on May 11th, one had to choose between using the iGPU on the Sandybridge-based chips (H67 chipset) or overclocking and not using the iGPU (P67 chipset). Z68 chipsets, this motherboard included, have also added some new features such as Intel Smart Response Technology which helps mechanical hard drives perform much faster by using a portion of an SSD as its cache, as well as Lucidvirtu technology which 'dynamically assigns tasks to the best available graphics resource based ... ... Return to article to continue reading.

Nice write up.
I also like its interchangeable usb 3.0 port which can be mounted in the rear or to the front panel with included face plate. Some nice useful features it has as memtioned.

very nice write up indeed!

The intel mobos always make me jealous with how pretty they look and features..features..features!

-AMD FANBOY :D

E Dog how were the Onboard graphics? Can you run games at reasonable frame rates? Did you run 3dmark with just the AMD GPU? Be real curious to see how they compare.

Nice review!:thup:

Last edited:
nice review, although I don't see much purpose for the on/off I guess it basically just acts as a splitter instead of just plugging in the speaker cable (or using a line-in cable into the speakers, as most have that by now).

I will have to give the onboard a thorough lashing and report back. It will be a few days though.

Hi guys I know this is a very old thread, but anyone know who is the thickness thermal pad for mosfet/vrm? I want change it but don't know the exact height

Probably about 1mm but it's not hard to check

Back