• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 GT overclocking with coolbits...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flashfx2

So I just got my bfg 6800 GT in, I install the card, drivers, etc. So I figure out let's see how far this overclocks since most people have been getting them past the ultra speeds... So, I click "detect optimal frequencies" in coolbits and the test runs nearly 5 minutes. Finally, after it finishes the testings and it displays the frequency as 640mhz core and 1.6 ghz memory! I knew this was obviously a problem and rebooted instantly since I wasn't sure if it would apply the speeds automatically or not. Anybody ever have this problem with coolbits? Should the test normally take 5 minutes to finish? Any other overclocking program that might be a bit more reliable?

the detect optimal frequencies option is not reliable and I wouldn't actualy use that as it's all over the place, some people have it set things way to high, others it's way to low, best way is just do it manualy.

shiltz said:
the detect optimal frequencies option is not reliable and I wouldn't actualy use that as it's all over the place, some people have it set things way to high, others it's way to low, best way is just do it manualy.
yes, my auto detect OCs my core and mem a max of 5mhz, yet i can run stable at 415/1.15

I would start at 400/1.1 - all the BFG 6800 GT's seem to do ultra speeds without any problem. I've been running mine at that speed for a week with no problems. I went as high as 420/1.1 before I stopped - she'll do more though.

Back