• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 Nu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarlaxe

Disabled
Who here has a 6800 NU? Have you overclocked it yet. I bought one of evga for 299.99 with a fan upgrade(look good?) and was wondering how well it would overclock on stock cooling. Also if you have any benches that would be great. Considering there are barely any 6800nu reviews out there.

I got a Leadtek A400 6800nu. Stock I get about 8500 3D mark 03's. I did manage to get it up to 420/900 where I got 10500 3Dmarks. But I think the ambiant temp rose too much and its not stable right now. Maybe when winter comes around. BTW just from pics, it looks like the leadtek hsf is a lot beefier than the eVga ones. NO evedience to back that up tho..

What numbers did you run safely at? The leadtek heatsink looks actually about the same size? I will recieve it Friday and we shall see.

Lejend said:
I'm back down to stock now. Can't afford to fry this puppy.

Hows it doing at stock? Can you run Far Cry at Max settings at about 1280 res with 4xAA 8xAF? Also, i wonder how Morrowind would play on it with everything full 4x AA 8xAF?

I don't have either of those games sorry. But it does run CoD with max settings, 4x AA, 8x AF at 1024x768 at 85fps (Limited by v-sync) I'm quite happy with it, games look awsome. Of course I upgraded from a 5200 so that might make a difference :p As for 30fps, I wouldn't think you'd have a problem.

Lejend said:
I don't have either of those games sorry. But it does run CoD with max settings, 4x AA, 8x AF at 1024x768 at 85fps (Limited by v-sync) I'm quite happy with it, games look awsome. Of course I upgraded from a 5200 so that might make a difference :p As for 30fps, I wouldn't think you'd have a problem.

cod and far cry at 1280 are two different animals.

on Hardocp it took a 6800 ultra to run at those settings on a oc'd a64

Back