• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT : waterblock Maze4 possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lapino

Does any1 know if it's possible to fit a Dangerden Maze4 waterblock on the 6800GT? I used this block on my 9800pro now but would love to fit it on a 6800GT (not ordered yet, still doubting between GT <> X800PRO)

I would imagine so, pretty sure the 6800 uses the same hole pattern as the FX series cards so the only posible issue I could think of would be if it would clear the ramsinks, however they look to be at most no taller than the 5900 ramsinks and the maze 4 block clears though with 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing (just barly though), also in case you're interested danger den is making a new block specificly for the 6800 that water cools both the GPU and the ram, not sure what the price will be but their site says it will go on sale later this month.

hm. gotta be pretty sure before I order though, especially because I'm sure it will fit on the X800PRO. Do the ramchips on the 6800GT require cooling (passive) or are they ok without? (=X800PRO does not need ram cooling)

I would bet they would be fine passive simply because both ATI and Nvidia aparently use the same samsung GDDR3 modules on their cards, both the 6800U and the X800XT use 600Mhz samsung modules for example, I am leary of the fact that ATI has no heatsink at all on theirs though, if I bought one i'd want to put some ramsinks on for peace of mind, could always stick a fan card next to it too if you were concerned about pasive not being good enough.

Back