• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Asus GTX580 DirectCu II Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Today Asus has given us the opportunity to review their GTX580 DirectCu II. This card offers Asus's own aftermarket cooler sporting two 100mm fans as well as a conservative factory overclock on the core and shaders. In the extreme overclocking community we have seen these cards scream to 1400Mhz+ core or more and be seemingly THE preferred 580 for extreme cooling due to robust make up and track record. I'm here to test its stock cooling capabilities and see how far we can stretch its legs with that...first!

... Return to article to continue reading.

When I first saw this thread I said "How the :censored: did EarthDog post this??? 1337 h4X0r!" I see the new title allows to to do so now...lol.

Another great GPU review :thup:

I have to admit that I'd give up 3 slots in order to get quiet cooling. It'd be a pain if you're trying to run SLI though.

When I first saw this thread I said "How the :censored: did EarthDog post this??? 1337 h4X0r!" I see the new title allows to to do so now...lol.

Another great GPU review :thup:
Foiled again... it wasnt supposed to be like that, but the noobeditor I am did that I think. Next time it will be stealth like. :)

You guys wouldnt believe the differences in this card vs reference and the meager price difference for the goodies. I just scratched the surface with relevent parts for our crowd... :)

Back