• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Rosewill RHM-6308 Headset Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice review.
Does anyone know how these compare the the Turtle Beach Earforce x41 7.1 surround sound headset? I have them. The sound quality is good, but the surround sound doesn't seem that great to me. I can kind of tell that sounds are behind me, but it isn't that great.

Last edited:
Without knowing what the software/drivers are like for your headset, I do have one suggestion.

On these, I had an option in the surround setting for virtual speaker placement. I could move the speakers in/out front/back till it sounded just like my home theater setup.

Does yours have a similar function?

i personally didn't think it was possible to get surround out of a set of cans on the ears, but was proven wrong. With the virtual speaker placement, and with a good surround source (something designed ground up for surround instead of something tacked on just so it can claim to have it), it is amazing.

What really impressed me was listening to a studio-quadraphonic recording of Lynyrd Skynyrd. It felt like i was in the center of the studio and could tell how far away each band member was just by the volume/direction of their instrument.

Back