• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.Skill Giving Gifts of Bandwidth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Too much effort for what probably won't work anyway, with my luck. G.Skill is the only brand of RAM that has consistently never worked for me. Every single kit on every single board would always make memtest86 have a fit. I wish it were otherwise, because they have the nicest low-voltage specs I've seen :(

I have had nothing but excellent results with G.Skill ram. It's my first choice when purchasing memory.

Same here, the one time I've had a set of G.Skill ram die on me they replaced it quickly with a better set.

I don't, however, believe in facebook.

I used their 2x2GB DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15 kit with a GA-EP45-UD3P for quite a while. Now, I'm using two kits of their 2x2GB Eco DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24 1.35v in quad channel on LGA2011.

I did have a DOA kit the first time I ordered the DDR2-1066, but the customer service was good and RMA went smoothly.

Too much effort for what probably won't work anyway, with my luck. G.Skill is the only brand of RAM that has consistently never worked for me. Every single kit on every single board would always make memtest86 have a fit. I wish it were otherwise, because they have the nicest low-voltage specs I've seen :(

I've had a couple of kits and they worked as advertised man. Even let me tighten timings on their cheap gunk stuff so have to disagree sorry you had trouble dude. :chair:
And memtest and those kits were friends. No Quips. JM2C I think G Skill is a quality RAM stick MFG. I have cheapo G skill in my rig and it's tighter than stock with my OC and happy as can be.. Has been for like... I don't know six months? Stock V too. Maybe it has been a while and things have changed and you would consider giving this company a second chance? ;)

I have had nothing but excellent results with G.Skill ram. It's my first choice when purchasing memory.

Have to +1
They even pick up the phone in Taiwan at 4am (local) if you call them. Try it. No guarantee of good English but if that isn't commitment to customer service...
Operator and technician on support. 4am. Phone. Seriously. I called with a Q about a very high speed kit. Barely understood but they picked up at 4am for crying out loud :D.
Their email support is also very fast and very good and knowledgable. And they are willing to help their client achieve their goal and are very honest. "I don't think the IMC on that (X model and series) chip can handle this kit may we suggest kit XXXX". I like Gskill. Respectful, helpful, never had an issue, my first choice. Then I look at Corsair.

Last edited:
I have had good luck with G.Skill, but the same can't be said about OCZ. Have had to RMA a few kits now, including a replacement kit I was sent!

Never an issue with any gskill memory I've purchased.

And what kind of person doesn't "believe in facebook"? :)

Facebook is a myth!

(I do love G.Skill memory though. My favorite!)

I don't have time to actually call people and talk to people, and be "friendly", which is why I have facebook. I've told my wife that we have facebook AND text messaging so not sure why we need to actually talk about stuff.

Back