• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.Skill DDR3-2666, EVGA SR-X, Z77 Boards @ CeBIT - Plus Ivy Bridge!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DDR3-2666 is insane for stock clocks on RAM :shock:

I hope Intel decides to release some Xeons with unlocked CPU or gear multipliers, so the SR-X will have a purpose. Even 2x stock clocked 8c/16t Xeons would be ridiculous, but it's just not as fun when you can't OC much :p

DDR3-2666 is insane for stock clocks on RAM :shock:

I hope Intel decides to release some Xeons with unlocked CPU or gear multipliers, so the SR-X will have a purpose. Even 2x stock clocked 8c/16t Xeons would be ridiculous, but it's just not as fun when you can't OC much :p

completely agreed, otherwise the 'extreme-ness' really dwindles.

Bulldozer, Llano, and maybe a REALLY good SB-E, but for 24/7 use which is the point of stock clocks, I dunno... :shrug:

Meh... I wouldn't put any money on what a mobo box says. I mean, the X79-UD3 has a 32x RAM multiplier option for DDR3-3200, but that doesn't mean the IMC of the CPU can handle it :D

Booting is one thing, stable work is other ... I can boot @2700+ on FX/990FX with all my PSC ( and I have 12pcs ) but can't call it stable above 2400 because of IMC.
There is big problem with IMC performance scalling above 1866 for both Intel and AMD and even if you set 2666 then how much faster it will be than ~2000 in daily usage ... 1-3% ?
Products like this are mainly for marketing purposes ... highest version is creating "best of the best" impression and all are buying what has best price/performance factor under the same brand ( except maybe 1-3% that are overclockers with some other point of view ;) ).
I'm just curious what with availability of highest kits now because we see great reviews and news but later there is almost no chance to buy that product.

ASRock Z77 boards already have 2800+(OC) info on their boxes :
http://assets.vr-zone.net/15086/Z77ext6_jpg_f.jpg
I'm just curious what about IMC performance above 2133 and if it really can run stable above 2400 out of box ;) ... less than 2 months to find out :)

Back