• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

70C temps with stock AMD cooler @STOCK SPEED!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rezon8

I made a box for my dad with:
Abit VA-10 motherboard
AMD 2500+ Thornton/Barton BOXED with stock AMD HSF

the problem i have is i cannot put a load on the cpu with out overheating past 70C.

i am going to remove the heatpad that is on the cpu and put some AS5 on it and i hope that will help, otherwise i belive i will have to get a better HSF.

oh, and NO overclocking at all on this rig, everything is stock, voltages, speeds, everything stock.

Dc5e

wow, thats enough to fry a cpu... or almost. Are you sure its 70c? have you tried touching the heatsink to confirm that its not a temperature misreading?

Moto7451

Senior Something
I have an Abit VA-10 board & it feels warm when its under load (at load it hits 50°C) but I'm not quite sure if its actually at 50°C. Thats half way to boiling & it doesn't seem to be that hot at all.

PHILIP1193

try toucthing heatsink as at 70°c it would b just touchable, as5 is a mush and is heatsink on properly and try using mbm 5 to get temps

Hope this helps
Phil

OP
rezon8

rezon8

I just replaced the HSF and the heatpad is removed and i put the AS5 on in it;s place, right now with [email protected] running i have temps @ 57C, alot better than 70C.

i have felt the HSF and it feels fine, is there any reports of this abit va-10 misreading temps, cuz i seems fine, but i dont wanna take chances of course...

Cyrix_2k

My dad's HP (stock 2200+) runs at 57c IDLE. I don't want to know the load temps... Anyway, the high temps don't seem to affect it much. I've run my rig @ 82c (unplugged pump :/) and it's fine, so don't worry too much.