• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Scythe Katana 4 CPU Cooler Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Scythe is a well known name in the PC cooling world; offering a complete line of CPU coolers, case fans, fan controllers, and a host of other accessories. Today we will be looking at the latest addition to their Katana line of CPU coolers, the Katana 4. This cooler is the fourth iteration of the Katana series, boasting a compact size as well as a completely redesigned heatsink and fin structure from its predecessors. With a price tag of just over $30...

Return to article to continue reading.

I would love to see this go head to head with a Hyper 212+ or Evo as they are in the same pricing bracket(ish)..

agreed. for that price and getting the job done, it is not bad at all!

I would love to see this go head to head with a Hyper 212+ or Evo as they are in the same pricing bracket(ish)..

lol i was literally just thinking this while i read the review and i saw you beat me too it :p. the hyper212+ evo is the interesting one for it to be compared with.

all in all a good review though

lol i was literally just thinking this while i read the review and i saw you beat me too it :p. the hyper212+ evo is the interesting one for it to be compared with.

all in all a good review though

I was also thinking this while reading, heh. I also own the 212 evo :)

Is just a poor copy of Thermaltake Frio series.. with only 6 pipes in total, and just one fan..

Looks to perform well.

What's up with the tilted fins, and massive posts on top though?

I look it bro, but you know in what codition them do this test.. because if you make the test in a country with 15° temp.. is not the same what in a country with 35 or 40° temp..

Look the Aluminum heatsink needs be more massive for make better performance.. in this are not so masive and just have one fan.. For this I dont belive in this specs..

He stated in the review that the test was performed with a 72F ambient temperature.

Look the TT Frio have better performance in all situation.. the TT Frio OcK Raise 13% of the performance.. try look about TT Frio ock snow editon, TT Frio Advanced and TT Frio Extreme.. :)

Look the TT Frio have better performance in all situation.. the TT Frio OcK Raise 13% of the performance.. try look about TT Frio ock snow editon, TT Frio Advanced and TT Frio Extreme.. :)

The Thermaltake Frio is a 120mm heatsink/fan combination. The Katana 4 is a 92mm heatsink/fan combination.

You're comparing apples to oranges....

A 120mm heatsink simply has more area for cooling than a 92mm heatsink.

Also, the Frio costs $55-$90 depending on which one you look at. The Katana 4 is $35!

Side note: I love my Xigmatek Loki 92mm cooler.

Bro it really depends of what u want.. ok by example if u wanna buy a high rendiment cooler and you have space buy the better.. this is my opinion.. if you dont have space you need try to find another way.. but thermaltake ownz :)

Bro it really depends of what u want.. ok by example if u wanna buy a high rendiment cooler and you have space buy the better.. this is my opinion.. if you dont have space you need try to find another way.. but thermaltake ownz :)

This isn't made for someone that has space for a 120mm cooler.

Its made for someone who has a smaller computer and wants good, cheap cooling that will fit.

Brother if you dont have space and the money is the problem ok.. My personally opinion I just buy the most known brands..

Back