• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition Graphics Card review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

msi_gtx660ti_feature.jpg

With AMD cornering the market on mid-range graphic cards recently, NVIDIA has responded with their first offering to fit that bill and it's called the GTX 660 Ti. MSI wasted no time in bringing this new member of the Kepler family to market, and today we'll be looking at their GTX 660 Ti Power Edition. Right out of the gate, MSI is bringing this card to market with a factory overclock installed. No sense in wasting time on a reference speed card when apparently the GTX 660 Ti has more in it! So, let's take the MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition for a ride and see what MSI has up their sleeve.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to check out our review of the EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC first, in which we also introduce the GTX 660 Ti itself.

... Return to article to continue reading.

I'm confused, it almost looks as if 660ti is ftw is faster than the 670 ftw which is faster than the 680, or some kind of nonsense like that, is this actually happening?

MB: Gigabyte GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB / CPU: I7 3770k / GPU: EVGA 670 FTW X 2 SLI / RAM: Gskill Ripjaw Z 16gb@1600 / PSU: Corsair HX 1000 /OCZ Agility 3 240G / WD 1tb Black / Samsung 2tb (both 6gb@7200) / CM Storm Trooper

I'm confused, it almost looks as if 660ti is ftw is faster than the 670 ftw which is faster than the 680, or some kind of nonsense like that, is this actually happening?
Huh? There wasn't a 670 FTW in our result graphs; the 670 there is an ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP, which is a rather highly overclocked card, bringing it pretty close to the performance of the GTX 680.

The GTX 680 in our graphs was an MSI GTX 680 Lightning, which trounced the 660 Ti pretty well most of the time.

What graphs are you looking at?

Nice review!
This is the highest OCing GTX660Ti I've seen so far it my review rounds.

Huh? There wasn't a 670 FTW in our result graphs; the 670 there is an ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP, which is a rather highly overclocked card, bringing it pretty close to the performance of the GTX 680.

The GTX 680 in our graphs was an MSI GTX 680 Lightning, which trounced the 660 Ti pretty well most of the time.

What graphs are you looking at?

My bad, I was making more of a general question about the kepler cards seem to be very similiar, I could be extremely wrong.

They are fairly similar. The 660ti and the 670 especially as not only are they the same silicon, they're even the same exact core.

Back