• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS F2A85-V Pro Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

The AMD Trinity group of APUs has become quite popular for those looking to build a low cost, but well performing system. Unfortunately, the new Trinity APUs were built on a new FM2 socket design that will require a motherboard to support it. We've done our fair share of reviews on the Trinity platform, but this will be our first time looking at an ASUS offering. Today's review will be on the F2A85-V Pro, which is a top-end offering from ASUS' FM2 line of motherboards. So, let's take an in-depth look and see how it stacks up against previously reviewed FM2 Trinity motherboards!
... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or are these motherboards getting more complicated to overclock with all the power saving features.

Actually, the power savings are controlled by the EPU processor and are for those that don't overclock but prefer energy efficiency (think HTPC use). If you are going to overclock the system, then you want to turn off EPU in BIOS. Once that is done, overclocking is pretty simple.

Thanks!

OFF-Topic: man....how i miss that fine and friendly ASUS Bios........

ON-Topic: Good job man, nice write up :thup:

Nice review.

I bought one of these two weeks ago. My old home fileserver was becoming decrepit and the USB ports were failing. The APU options were inexpensive and preserved the additional PCI Express slot for another drive controller.

I will admit I haven't tried overclocking it, but as it hosts 16 drives, I'll probably skip it.

So far, it's been completely well behaved.

Back