• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

73-Inch 3D-Ready HDTV. 3-D PC Gaming here I come!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time4aMassiveOC

Mitubishi WD-73C9 I got this steal of a deal Through both dell and bing. Bing offered 20% off any purchase on the dell website by browsing there through bing. then during the black friday sale, where dell had the tv at 1400$

So I got the tv for 1400$ - 280$(20% cashback) = 1120$ + tax on the 1400$!!!!

BOOyah!

got some nvidia 3d goggles for like 179$

here is a video reveiw of the technology

but im having a hardare issue getting my pc to run again with the new card. could be the motherboard, powersupply, harddrive... i dunno im pretty stumped. here is the thread link if you wanna try and help.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=627150

i got a gtx275 to replace my 4850 because an nvidia card is required to run my games in 3d on the tv.

Q6600 2.4Ghz
msi p45 chipset motherboard
antec earthwatts 650
8gb ddr2-800
1 tb seagate barracuda

thusfar i have a 4850 1gb card running in an i5 desktop, and the picture wont fill the screen completely, tech support told me that all nvidia cards on the 3d list will be able to fill the screen without a problem.

anyone else had any experience with these 3d tv's yet? i havnt heard anything about how 3d looks on my tv! i cant wait to get my computer up and running so i can play a game in 3d!

if anyone is interested there is a huge 100+ page owners thread about them here
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1142582

ratbuddy

Darn, $179 for the 3d glasses? I had mine in the classies for $110 all the way down to $90 shipped, and I think there's another cheap pair in there now :-/

Randyman...

thusfar i have a 4850 1gb card running in an i5 desktop, and the picture wont fill the screen completely, tech support told me that all nvidia cards on the 3d list will be able to fill the screen without a problem.

Go into CCC > Display Settings > Scaling > Set "Underscan" to "0". The nomenclature might vary slightly. It seems that ALL ATI cards default to a 10% overscan (shrinking or black border around the picture) when using HDMI...

I can't help with the rest :(

:cool:

OP
Time4aMassiveOC

Time4aMassiveOC

heya randy, yeah i was looking for some type of scaling option in the catalyst control center and am not able to find anything, ive searched through all the options several times one by one beforehand, and again after you posted, there are no such options for mine.

is there another way to get to those settings? as im sure they still exist someplace.

I have windows 7, and CCC version 2009.0813.2131.36817

Neuromancer

Yah they got rid of the underscan slider a few versions ago now you have to use the graphic image, from CCC help page

Adjusting Screen Position and Size Automatically for TVs
1.Based on the navigation system contained in the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center window, do one of the following:
•Navigation menu—From the display palette on the Desktops & Displays page, click the desired TV, and then click Configure in the context menu that appears.
•Navigation tree—From the tree in the Graphics Settings tab, expand TV Properties.
2.Click Adjustments.
3.Select the Automatic Settings check box.
The ATI Catalyst™ A.I. determines the best display position and size for optimal viewing.

EDIT: whoops that was for auto. do what randyman said :)

Last edited:

Randyman...

I personally CAN'T STAND the newer CCC interface. OK - Try to get to the screen where you see the Display Icon in the lower left area of CCC. Look for the TINY triangle in the LCD Icon - there are display options there (that TINY triangle is a pull-down mneu). You should be able to find the Scaling/Zoom settings in there. I *ALMOST* returned my 4650 because I literally could not find this stupid menu! :mad:

Good Luck :cool:

ratbuddy

did you not like the 3d experience? why were you selling them? what monitor did you use them with? games?

Was trying to sell them because of http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=613176 which also tells you about the monitor.

I liked the 3d experience, and actually pulled them from sale because I heard a few 23.6" 1920x1080 120hz monitors are coming out soon. I wish I had room for one of the big DLP sets, but the wife barely puts up with the 42" LCD :-/

You're gonna love it :beer:

Randyman...

:welcome: I was in a simular situation, so I make it a priority to reply anytime I see someone having this Overscan CCC issue :)

Firey_chasm

I liked the 3d experience, and actually pulled them from sale because I heard a few 23.6" 1920x1080 120hz monitors are coming out soon. I wish I had room for one of the big DLP sets, but the wife barely puts up with the 42" LCD :-/

You're gonna love it :beer:

oo, got any links for the 23.6" screens? This would be great news

cheers

Xtreme Barton

pics pics pics

gonna to all the electronics stores and do some comparisons today ... really need a new hdtv for my new gaming machine that im gonna throw together .. bigger the better .. dont realy wanna spend over 800 but if that could be had for a cool price id bend the rules .. anybody have some suggestions what to keep an eye out for ? over 40" preferred but that might change once i see them up close again in the stores .. my old one was a 55" rear projecion so id be nice to get as close to that as possible .. been reading all these threads and seem to get lost in it all.. figure may as well g and look and post my thoughts

turnr11

My friend has the nvidia 3d glasses and they're awesome. I only used it with one game so far, World of Warcraft, which looks sweet. There's a setting in WoW to allow the cursor to adjust its depth to match the interacting object - nice! Takes 15-30 minutes to get used to, but then it's great.