• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD R9 270X Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

It's yet another launch day for AMD; and this time around, we have a card in their GPU14 product lineup - the R9 270X. The press deck we received has the R9 270X targeted directly at the $199 price range, which should make it a viable option in the highly competitive mid-priced graphics card market. At that price range, it puts the NVIDIA GTX 660 series of cards squarely in its crosshairs. By all indications, it should also come relatively close to the HD 7950 performance, even with its slightly trimmed specifications. So, let's get to work and find out what this card is all about!
... Return to article to continue reading.

Amazing Review. More fuel on the fire of the RED team. a $200 card on par when OC with the 760 and winning over a gtx 660. Granted that nVIDIA droped prices on the 660 to 179.00 you still have to consider that the 270x will come with free games to sweeten the pot. Still looks like Team RED is wining for now. But let prices drop some more. If the card is released at $199.00 then in 3-5 months we will see 160-180 price range later?

Note the 270X doesn't come with any free games right now. It is not part of the Never Settle bundle. AMD has made no announcements regarding its inclusion on any of the new cards yet.

Note the 270X doesn't come with any free games right now. It is not part of the Never Settle bundle. AMD has made no announcements regarding its inclusion on any of the new cards yet.

WELL dang. Just found this:

Moving on to retail matters, buyers of the 200 series will want to pay attention to the fact that the 200 series is not currently part of Never Settle Forever. AMD’s video game bundle program is not being extended to the 200 series at this time, so on top of the price cuts for the 7000 series they will also have an active game bundle while the 200 series does not. AMD for their part isn’t saying anything concrete about the future, but they are strongly hinting that this is temporary, and that the 200 series will be added later after the 7000 series is cleared out in order to give buyers an extra incentive to pick up a 7000 series card first. Given AMD’s situation it makes a lot of sense, but it means we’re in a weird position where in the first time for over a year it’s NVIDIA that has the better bundle, with their current Batman: Arkham Origins bundle.

AMD Never Settle Forever: Radeon Rewards Tiers (Oct. 2013)
200 Series N/A Number of Free Games 0, Cur. Number of Games on Tier 0
7900 Series Gold Number of Free Games 3, Cur. Number of Games on Tier 11
7800 Series Silver Number of Free Games 2, Cur. Number of Games on Tier 9
7790/7770 Bronze Number of Free Games 1, Cur. Number of Games on Tier 7.

But having all that. When i got my hd 7850 2 months later i got an email from AMD stating that because of my card they were going to give me another game because they changed the promotion. So i have strong faith that later it WILL happen. :attn:

I'm relatively certain it will happen to, but that inclusion is what enables them to keep their current 7xxx series cards at or near their current prices. Once the old stock is gone AMD will probably (and this is not from anything AMD has said, just my assumption) move Never Settle over to the new cards. Most likely in plenty of time for the holiday season.

I'm relatively certain it will happen to, but that inclusion is what enables them to keep their current 7xxx series cards at or near their current prices. Once the old stock is gone AMD will probably (and this is not from anything AMD has said, just my assumption) move Never Settle over to the new cards. Most likely in plenty of time for the holiday season.

True that. Push sales and say, "Buy now and get X number of games free with every purchase, or get 2 cards and get 2 X the number of games". Wonder what the next promotion naming will be, probly something screwy like the new naming like the cards :D

Back