• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD 2013 Holiday Season Game Bundle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm can't wait to see how the field looks when the dust settles post Mantle release.

AMD always does such a good job hyping things up ><

Thanks hokiealumnus!

You mentioned it earlier. Wow any R9 card even the R9 270. That makes the R9 290 a sweeter deal.

I mentioned to a family member how "great for gamers" this holiday season is going to be.

May I be the first to quote the "fat-man" and say: "Ho, Ho, Ho"!!!:santa::santa::santa:

Well something is better then noting I suppose. Considering that nVIDIA is giving Assissan Creed, Splinter Cell, and Batman. I would expect maybe 2-3 free games. But 1 is better then none. When I order my r9-290 on Friday ill have a game to sell i suppose. But still amazing cards with a great game to show off is still awesome.

Well something is better then noting I suppose. Considering that nVIDIA is giving Assissan Creed, Splinter Cell, and Batman. I would expect maybe 2-3 free games. But 1 is better then none. When I order my r9-290 on Friday ill have a game to sell i suppose. But still amazing cards with a great game to show off is still awesome.

Well, there is crabby pants and there is Crabby Pants!:D

You want a card for performance - we all want a card for performance. You don't like the "free game" buy Nvidia and their bundle.

Unless my math is wrong we're looking at a $400 vs $500 AND better performance. From a price performance point what more could you ask for!

Happy Early Holidays everyone. Kwanzaa starts on the same day as Thanksgiving (in the US). Let's all be Merry and Happy!

You want a card for performance - we all want a card for performance. You don't like the "free game" buy Nvidia and their bundle.

Unless my math is wrong we're looking at a $400 vs $500 AND better performance. From a price performance point what more could you ask for!

Happy Early Holidays everyone. Kwanzaa starts on the same day as Thanksgiving (in the US). Let's all be Merry and Happy!

Well if we are paying money i better be able to cry about something, or else it wont happen or change. If no one cryed about gpu preformance then there wouldnt be bigger/better comming out. But, like i said, BF4 is not my cup of tea but its a pretty awesome deal.

Btw WHO IS CLUB 3D? They have a r9-280x I was assuming that CLUB 3D was the old name for what is now PowerColor. Or i could be completely Wrong

I guess I'm more disappointed that it only has one game to go with it, instead of the Never Settle bundles where there are 5-7 games to choose from and you can pick 2 or 3 of them, and at least one or two were effectively brand new games.

I guess I'm more disappointed that it only has one game to go with it, instead of the Never Settle bundles where there are 5-7 games to choose from and you can pick 2 or 3 of them, and at least one or two were effectively brand new games.

Exactly my point. get a r9-280x w/1 game or get a HD 7970 ghz with 3 games. R9-290 and 290x with 1 game and paying a higher price kinda sucks. But i think we are spoiled anyways. I just want COD: Ghosts not BF4....

Remember, that was basically their ace in the hole to keep people buying two year old GPUs. Now that they have new ones (at least the 290/x), it's not necessarily as imperative to include value adds, especially with the current pricw-to-performance metrics.

Remember, that was basically their ace in the hole to keep people buying two year old GPUs. Now that they have new ones (at least the 290/x), it's not necessarily as imperative to include value adds, especially with the current pricw-to-performance metrics.

1st. GO AMD!!!!

Now.

Thats only true concerning the 290 and 290x. The Geforce GTX 770 and Radeon R9 280X trade blows, with one of them being faster in some games and the other being faster in other games. However, the Geforce GTX 770 is slightly faster overall and consumes a bit less power. If performance per dollar were the issue at all then undoubtedly the r9-290 is untouchable. But at the $300 zone it looks fuzzy. Pay 300-360 for a 280x and 1 game or 330-380 for a gtx770 and get 3 games (all new).

***I'm still very happy with AMD and will keep buying there products. I just wanna cry and get more free games. :rain:

Well if we are paying money i better be able to cry about something, or else it wont happen or change. If no one cryed about gpu preformance then there wouldnt be bigger/better comming out. But, like i said, BF4 is not my cup of tea but its a pretty awesome deal.

Btw WHO IS CLUB 3D? They have a r9-280x I was assuming that CLUB 3D was the old name for what is now PowerColor. Or i could be completely Wrong

It is Power Color. ARe they any good? They have a 280x at $299 with what looks like a solid cooler and backplate. I could not find any reviews...

AFAIK, yes. We haven't had any to review, but. I haven't seen any complaints on the web either.

AMD R9

Okay, im using an AMD A8-6600k Black Edition ~4.2Ghz QuadCore APU, with an EVGA GeForce GTX 650 with a GIGABYTE F2A75M-D3H Motherboard, with 4x 2GB sticks of XLR8 PNY Gaming Performance Edition Memory. The Mid-Tower i chose to use was the NZXT 210 Source and a Thermaltake TR2-600W PowerSupply.
I never did upgrade my video card that is onboard the (8570D) before i installed the GTX 650, should i of? Also I've got a 500GB Blue Cavair 7200RPM internal HD and am interested in learning about solid state hard drives to get that windows index score from 5.9 to higher. Everything else is 7.4.

Can anyone give me advice on what i should overclock the A8-6600k CPU to on the stock air cooling, and also once i purchase a corsair liquid cooling system from ebay. I'm playing diablo3 and MW3 on ULTRA but just need some new games to text it out on.

BTW im using a 32'' LG 720p LED TV with resolution of 1920x1080

Back