• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS ROG Matrix Platinum R9 290X Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Back in March of this year, ASUS announced plans to release two new video cards that fall under their ROG Matrix family. An AMD R9-290X and NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti version are now both available. ASUS sent us the AMD R9 290X version to have a look at, so that's just what we'll do. Because this card is squarely aimed at the overclocking enthusiast, it makes perfect sense ASUS chose to incorporate AMD's fasted GPU into this offering.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Thanks for the review,

Card is completely ridiculous. Wish I could afford one

It will be interesting watching this card and the lightning duke out for the top spot.

Nice review Dino!

The card looks incredible for the extreme-cooling benchmarker, to have the ability to defrost the memory is a pretty cool feature.

Looks like a great card. It really sucks though that Asus makes it. After having problems with their 7970 matrix plat edition and not getting any response at all for an rma, I refuse to give them any of my money.

I have a 580 matrix, great card, but hate the software that comes with it.. I also dislike that you can't control the card with other 3rd party software. Hopefully it's not like that with the newer cards :thup:

Back