• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

750 Evo SSD, whats up with my write speed??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechJunky

SSD.png

My work laptop with an older drive is around 200MB/s on the 4K-64Thrd...

Any ideas?

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
When is the last time you did a trim on the drive? (How you do it depends on what OS you have.)

OP
T

TechJunky

I am using Windows 10 Pro. I just checked Trim a few weeks ago. How should I be running TRIM? My drive has 79gb free out of my 250GB drive.

fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

I have disk Optimize set to weekly as well...

The drive is maybe a month old... I bought it off Amazon, I think it may just be bad... I think im past the return policy period.

Last edited:
OP
T

TechJunky

Good idea, I just opened a ticket...

Here is my 850 pro as a comparison.

samsung_850pro_performance.png

Last edited:

Kenrou

out of date drivers ? crap running in the background ? disk too full ?

my 850 evo :

850 EVO.jpg

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
AS SSD is really old benchmark which is sometimes acting weird on new SSD. Check it on CrystalDiskMark. Also looks like there is disabled cache ( or driver issue ) or disk is nearly full if you have so low write results and it's the same in other benchmarks. On the other hand random read results are good.

OP
T

TechJunky

Yeah, deleted AS SSD. We use AS SSD at work all the time, so started with that before testing with other programs. It was late last night... Maybe 2am. Should have grabbed a few different programs first and tested before worrying.

Here is my ATTO results.

Drive looks fine.

ATTO.png