• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7500 Radeon best driver for those using, I just formatted ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Hi Guys,

Well I just formatted as I have just installed a new mobo and an XP 1800. I want to try a new driver for the 7500 that appears to have improved other users 3D Mark 2K1 scores.

I also need links to the most recent via and agp drivers and other helpful links for video card enthusiast information.

So hit me with the links, I wanna see what this XP1800, Gigabyte 7VRX KT333 board with my Radeon 7500 can now do over my previous rig.

Thanks

Cisco KId

Garfield

What operating system? I'd say just download the latest for your OS right from the manufacturer's website. I don't know if it'll have that extra that you said, but that's what I did. I also have to 7500.

OP
C

Cisco Kid

I am using XP Pro. I have just d/l a beta driver for the 7500 from rage3d.com. Supposedly it is a tweaked version of ATI's beta.

Cisco Kid

Garfield

Cisco Kid said:
I am using XP Pro. I have just d/l a beta driver for the 7500 from rage3d.com. Supposedly it is a tweaked version of ATI's beta.

Cisco Kid

See, I would be a little paranoid about installing one of those "tweaked" device drivers. I would just safely go with the manufacturer's driver. But, that's me... :D

OP
C

Cisco Kid

Driver worked great and it did what I had hoped for , increased my 3D Mark2K1 SE score. Seems stable so far no conflict, will put it to the test tommorrow.

Cisco KId