• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Galaxy GTX 980 SOC Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we get a chance to review another Maxwell based GPU. Thankfully, we have moved on from the teaser Maxwell in the* GTX 750 Ti and on to the big boys in the GTX 970 and 980 (but likely not the biggest!). NVIDIA has made some significant changes to this architecture including, but not limited to, much lower power consumption and more efficient use of the available shaders, and also memory throughput (via compression). In my hands is a GALAX (formerly Galaxy) GTX 980 SOC, or Super Overclocked to be precise. This card takes NVIDIA's reference design to another level with a more robust power delivery area and better cooler to name a couple of things. It's time to take her out for a test drive and see if we can melt the rubber down to the rims!

Click here to view the article.

I really want to BIOS mod it... but I fear bricking it since it only has one bios... regardless, out of the box that is a very good showing and will satisfy 99.9% of users.

I really want to BIOS mod it... but I fear bricking it since it only has one bios... regardless, out of the box that is a very good showing and will satisfy 99.9% of users.

And that 0.1% will be looking for the Classified/HoF/Lightning anyway.

The power draw got my attention. Folders may take advantage of these lower power sippers now, especially now that 4P is drawing to a close. Nice review as always.:thup:

Thanks for taking the time. Looks like it will be an ample solution for the gaming community.

Back