• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE USB 3.1 Testing - ASUS Goes All In With USB 3.1 Capable Motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

The push is on for motherboard manufacturers to get USB 3.1 capable products to market. ASUS is certainly doing their part as witnessed by their recent refresh to many of their Z97 and X99 motherboards making them USB 3.1 ready. Depending on the motherboard, ASUS will either provide USB 3.1 connectivity built into the motherboard's rear I/O area or provide a PCI-E expansion card. Additionally, ASUS plans to sell the PCI-E expansion card separately, so people that already own a compatible ASUS motherboard can come along for the ride too. ASUS was kind enough to provide the X99-A/USB 3.1 motherboard and a nifty USB 3.1 storage device for testing purposes. Let's dive in and see what kind of performance ASUS can squeeze out of this new USB 3.1 technology.
Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.1 ? Really ?

I haven't even found a use for my USB 3 ports yet. They'll die obsolete virgins when I upgrade to a socket 3512 , 64 core , ARM based , Pentium 37. LOL

Back