• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Kingston HyperX Predator M.2 PCIe G2 x4 480GB SSD Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

We're finally beginning to see more manufacturers bring M.2 SSDs to market, and Kingston HyperX now has SATA and PCIe interface units available. The SATA interface M.2 SSDs offer similar performance to the standard 2.5" design we've been using for some time now, but with the advantage of much smaller space requirements. Of course, the most intriguing M.2 interface is PCIe, which promises wicked speeds over and above 1000 MB/s. Kingston sent over one of their new HyperX Predator M.2 PCIe x4 SSDs so we can see for ourselves what these drives are capable of.
Click here to view the article.

on my short list!

I am curious if this drive will support NVMe. Either way, very fast!

I am curious if this drive will support NVMe. Either way, very fast!

It's not listed anywhere in the specifications or data sheet, so I'd venture to say it does not support NVMe.

I've begun to see motherboard manufacturers release new BIOSs that support it, mostly along the X99 and Z97 platforms.

Kingston Predator SSD PCIE cannot upgrade to windows 10

As of 9/12/15, Kingston Predator SSD PCIE cannot upgrade to windows 10.
------
My upgrade to Windows 10 on my Predator drive is either very slow or fails. How can I resolve this?

Kingston is aware of the Windows 10 upgrade issue and we are working diligently to resolve the matter. We will post a firmware update once a solution is found.

Currently, the only work-around is to run a fresh install rather than an upgrade. Use the following link to create bootable disk to install Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Back